I made the decision to "big chop" once. I let the scissors do the talking because I didn't have the right tools or knowledge to give my natural hair the love it deserved. I've been natural for almost 9 years and I'll let you in on a little secret (trying product after product led to the creation of Tree Naturals). It was important for me to create a product that was made from love with real ingredients that worked for all hair types. Even though I did the big chop, that doesn't mean that you have to do the same. No matter what you decide...we want to offer you some tips on a smooth transition.
1. Make a plan- We recommend cutting out photos of natural hairstyles that you LOVE. Keep in mind that finding hair types similar to yours will help you choose the which curly hair products will work best for you.
2. Knock the heat- Just remember heat leads to damage. We suggests keeping the heat to a minimum, and by minimum we mean like no heat at all. Yes, it's easy to grab the flat iron (especially in the cooler months) but your curls will thank you later.
3. Routine! Routine! Routine!- Creating a routine will make your transition much easier. Decide which days will be wash days and deep condition days. Need a lineup? Our Bamboo, Aloe & Coconut Shampoo, Green Tea & Coconut Conditioner Bar, and Bamboo, Fig & Lotus Deep Conditioner add the moisture your curls will soak up and make wash day a breeze! It's also important to protect the line of demarcation (where the relaxed hair meets the natural hair) by making sure to moisturize often.
4. Protective Styling (your new best friend)- We trust that in no time you'll find your favorite protective styles. Whether it's braids or a bun, giving your hair a break will promote length retention, protects from heat damage, and reduces knots and tangles.
5. Trim when it's the right time- Depending on the length of your hair, trimming every 2-3 months is ideal. You want to make sure your trimming the dry, damaged ends and making room for healthier curls
6. Give it time- Understand that growing healthy curls takes time. You have to give your curls time, nourishment, attention, and love most of all. Good Luck on your new journey! Leave your comments down below!
Natural Hair Transition Essentials
Tree Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner Bar
Tree Naturals Deep Conditioner
Tree-O Bundle (Leave-In Conditioner, Whipped Curl Creme & Growth Butter)
For more Tree Naturals products, visit TreeNaturals.com