Mercury In Retrograde: All You’ll Need to Know to Keep Your Curls Intact
The past couple weeks have been … interesting to say the least. One of my close girlfriends decided to color her own hair and it was a disaster! Another friend got into a steamy argument with her co-worker and personally I’ve been struggling to keep my energy levels up and attitude in check! So, it got me to thinking. What if? No, it can’t be…or could it?
Scientists say mercury retrograde is when planet Mercury appears to move in the opposite direction from our viewpoint on Earth.
Others think it’s a perfect time of the year to get a convenient scapegoat for just about everything that goes wrong…
During this time (July 7th – 31st) things may not go according to plan. Cars breakdown, tempers are at an all-time high, things break-including romantic relationships, some projects stall and the list goes on.
Those ‘perfect hair moments’ now become almost impossible to achieve. Remember that perfect twist-out you achieved two weeks ago? Today’s was an absolute fail. High-stress levels make it so hard to pick the right products for your hair. Your hair now begins to lack the care and attention it deserves. You can’t find any of your bobby pins so now your updo’s or buns just won’t stay.
So, when planetary activities start getting in the way of your carefully styled crown or it seems your hair has lost all its texture, length and moisture; what’s a girl to do?
Relax and remember it's not the end of the world; it could just be that Mercury in Retrograde is at work!
Surviving it first starts with having a positive attitude and being able to pivot. I mean, that’s really life in a nutshell, right?
So despite all the lows that can come with this 3-week astrological episode, it isn't all bad news.
What if I told you, this period of ‘Mercury catastrophe’ is actually the best time to love on your hair and pamper those curls with nothing but the best selection of Tree Naturals carefully formulated hair care products.
As much as we completely love our planet and all its beautiful gifts, staying in touch with nature is best when you learn how best to use what nature has for you.
So despite all the hair wars and woes, here are few hair care tips to keep your curls healthier and intact this period:
Moisturize To Boost Hair Volume
- After a shower, pat your hair down gently with a t-shirt till its damp and not dripping.
- Create natural volume and make curls more visible by applying the Tree Naturals Honey, Fruit & Flowers Hair Milk from roots to tip. Thirsty curls will instantly absorb in this lightweight, sweet-scented, nutrient-rich hair milk.
- This hair milk is infused with the needed Vitamins for growth and nourishment of your curls during this period.
- Use as a daily leave-in conditioner, moisturizer, curl refresher, curl definer, detangler or styler.
- Perfect for all hair types, this hair milk can chase away any bad hair day when used daily.
Embrace Nature’s Breeze
- Take advantage of this season to ditch the heat tools and enjoy Mother Nature’s cool breeze.
- This works perfectly to improve your hair texture while revealing your air-dried curls.
- The Whipped Curl Crème is also a must-have if you’d love to indulge your curls in a rich mixture of Fair-Trade Shea Butter, botanical extracts and organic plant oils. Helps to maintain the bounce in your curls when everything else seems to be falling apart.
- Why not go ahead and mix the Whipped Curl Crème with the Natasha's Growth Butter for that added moisture and less shrinkage. Take a bit of both and mix them together in the palm of your hand and apply directly to your hair and style as usual.
Just in Case
- Have extra bobby pins and hair ties at home, in your car, purse AND the job for those ‘bad hair’ days. (Remember a bad hair day can turn into a ‘living your best hair day’ with just a few bobby pins).
- Invest in a silk pillowcase for those nights that you forget your scarf or bonnet.
- Wear headscarves and a pair of bamboo hoop earrings to complete your look for days when your curls just will not cooperate. This is such a cute and stylish way to pivot!
- It’s a great idea to prep your curls during Mercury Retrograde… and heads up, it’ll be back Oct 31 – Nov 20. Need help prepping your curls? Check out our article HERE to learn all about it.
And remember to be kind and patient with yourself and those curls. Always in ALL WAYS. Hang in there, we're in this together and it’s almost over! How have you been surviving the Mercury Retrograde? Dish below!