Dry Hair is just not the business. It appears lifeless, frizzy, and dull. When it comes to healthy, beautiful, and shiny hair, nourishment is key. You may need to show your hair some love with a hot oil treatment. A Hot Oil Treatment is a treatment designed to give your tresses some much needed moisture & helps prevent damage. Here are a few signs that your hair desperately needs a hot oil treatment.
1. Split /Dry Ends- We all dislike split ends so it's time to give your hair some TLC. If your hair needs a trim, we recommend getting your trim first before your hot oil treatment for maximum results.
2. Heat- If you're a fan of blowouts and flat irons, damage is done with the direct heat. A hot oil treatment will give your hair the moisture it needs to flourish!
3. Flaky/ Dry Scalp- If your scalp is flaky and dry, a hot oil treatment will do the trick. Moisture! Moisture! Moisture!
4. Bleached Hair- If you get color often, chances are your hair is damaged. A hot oil treatment will add some life back into your hair.
1. Before your Hot Oil treatment, we recommend washing with our Bamboo, Aloe, & Coconut Shampoo. Having clean hair is key for the perfect hot oil treatment.
2. After you wash, grab a plastic hair cap, our Sandlewood, Fig, and Vanilla Hair Oil, and a heat-safe bowl.
3. We use about a cup of water and pour that into the heat-safe bowl. Once you do that, place the bowl into the microwave for about a minute and a half.
4. Once the water is warm, pour 4-6 drops of our oil into the bowl.
5.Test the mix on your wrist and then apply mix to your scalp, roots and strands of hair.
6. Massage the oil into your scalp for about 3 minutes, then cover with a plastic cap. We recommend leaving the oil in for about 15-20 minutes.
7. If you feel like you need extra moisture, follow your hot oil treatment with our deep conditioner.
Good Luck! Tag us in your hot oil treatment pics on:
The past couple weeks have been … interesting to say the least. One of my close girlfriends decided to color her own hair and it was a disaster! Another friend got into a steamy argument with her co-worker and personally I’ve been struggling to keep my energy levels up and attitude in check! So, it got me to thinking. What if? No, it can’t be…or could it?
Hmmmm, so that got me to thinking...how can we apply this idea of meal prep to our hair? To help you better understand what this process could look like, keep reading.